If you are a busy family it is crucial that you have a family command center that works well for your crew. A family command center can help you save time and keep your entire family organized and less stressed.
I encourage you to create a family command center that is as unique as your family’s personality. You can use your favorite color themes, post a quote, frame a family photo etc. Have fun with it! The cuter it is the more you will like using it.
You can include anything that is going to make your life easier:
- Babysitter or nanny schedules
- Meal plans
- Chore chart
- Grocery list
- Sports schedules
- Driving arrangements for activities
- Invitations to events
- Homework assignments
- Important phone numbers
The bottom left hand corner photo is an example of a command center we did for Angela – a busy mom of 4 gorgeous boys!
- Each child has his own slot on the left for all of the school papers that come home.
- There are two dry erase boards for her to write the family’s schedule for the current month and the next month.
- The last section has a small cork board for those important dates or notes that she doesn’t want to forget and then hooks for keys and a slot for dry erase markers.
We purchased her products at Pottery Barn but they are sold in many stores. I did a quick search on Amazon and found some nice ones (see below). This was an easy install that can be done in less than an hour but save you tons of time each week!
Latest posts by Jennifer Ford Berry (see all)
- Video: Time Management Help - February 24, 2017
- Video: Time Management Introduction - February 22, 2017
- Cook’s Companion Digital Wonder Pot: a small appliance worth having - February 20, 2017