It takes a certain level of self-confidence to embrace and release your own personal style. Your age, body shape, size, personality, and cultural background all influence your style. We were created unique for a reason, so embrace your unique qualities; after all, if everyone had the same look the work would be boring!
3 Goals for This Week:
1. If you want to organize your style, start out by going through your current wardrobe to learn about what you already have. Go through your dresser drawer and your closet by hanger and make three piles:
– Clothes you love and feel good in
– Clothes you wear but don’t get excited about
– Clothes that you don’t wear or hate
– Clothes that don’t fit
2. Immediately bag up the clothes you don’t wear or that don’t fit and put them in the trunk of your car. They are taking up closet space and holding you back. Donate them. If you lose weight in the future, you can reward yourself by buying new clothes.
3. Now go through the “clothes you love pile” and identify what these items have in common: color, fit, fabric, etc. This is your taste-embrace it and make note of it. When you shop in the future you’ll have a better idea of what will work for you.
* Be true to you! The most beautiful people in the world embrace who they are and shine because of it. Don’t be afraid to have a style that is not exactly like all of your friends.
I am a dress girl all the way. I love all kinds—long, short, staples, casual, formal. A dress are by far my most favorite piece and the easiest piece for me to shop for. I know I love them, and I give myself permission to wear them. I also love the fact that I can throw it on and my outfit is complete without a lot of thinking! What is your favorite go to piece?
Latest posts by Jennifer Ford Berry (see all)
- Video: Time Management Help - February 24, 2017
- Video: Time Management Introduction - February 22, 2017
- Cook’s Companion Digital Wonder Pot: a small appliance worth having - February 20, 2017