Episode Talking Points
* Paul’s Ministry Miscarriage
* How Paul turned his hair cut allowance into a gym membership!
* God created our body as a temple.
* If we care for our body well our spirit is much more likely to be healthy and fully engaged.
* Everything is connected.
* Asking God to help us get motivated to get fit.
* Why do women have a distorted view of themselves and how can we overcome that?
* Paul’s theory of how performing in a fitness show can literally change your life.
* “Someday your boobs are going to sag and your butt is going to drop but the person you are becoming in the process of training will never go away”. Why women need to acknowledge and embrace the beauty that comes from within.
* 1 Peter: 3:4
* Life in Rhythm
* Marriage: The two things that make Paul’s marriage work.
- How Paul makes time to date his wife and each of his 6 daughters each and every week.
- No excuses!
- What you can do with your child for $1 and 30 minutes.
About Paul Peterson
My life consists of two distinct chapters: pre-Jesus and post-Jesus.
Pre-Jesus I was a…
- High school dropout
- Bit of a wreck #fulldisclosurewouldnotbegood
- Hopeless wanderer with no reason to live
Post- Jesus I am…
- Married to my amazingly talented and beautiful bride, Sherri
- “Daddy” to “The Ladies” (SIX daughters)
- Educated, having earned two Master’s degrees
- Living a focused, purposeful life – to help people discover the life Jesus promised!
My ministry experience
* Army Chaplain in the 101st Airborne Division! #HOOOAH
* Pastor of Church180 in Rock Hill, SC!
* Led a church planting effort in Cincinnati, Ohio that did not succeed. This was one of the most brutal and yet most maturing ministry/personal experiences I’ve had thus far!
* Prior to the residency, I served as senior pastor at Northgate Free Methodist Church in Batavia, NY. In our last year of ministry there, 280 people gave their lives to Christ. When we left, the church was running over 800 in weekend attendance and it continues to grow under the new leadership of Pastor Andy Sass. (Read this post to get a sense of what was happening @ Northgate!)
* Before serving in NY, I served as the senior pastor of the Arlington Avenue First Free Methodist Church. During our time there the church grew from 50 to 130 on the weekend, a large part of which was conversion growth.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO REVIEW OUR SHOW?
Are you subscribed to The 29 Minute Mom podcast? If not, I want to encourage you to do that if you so you don’t miss an episode. Click here to subscribe to the podcast!
If you enjoy the show, I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to hear your feedback. Please consider leaving me a review, I promise you I would truly appreciate your time! Reviews help me so much. I will even read them during the show so go ahead and mention your business if you have one!
To submit a review just click the purple podcast icon on your phone, search “The 29 Minute Mom” and then scroll down until you see the stars. OR Click here to review on iTunes.
For more detailed instructions on how to find the podcast and/or leave a review click this post.
* If you enjoyed this episode you may also like Episode 49.