Sally Gower, owner of Eat Well Buffalo believes if you eat well you will be well. I could not agree more! That is why I truly enjoyed my conversation with Sally and can’t wait to share it with you because it is packed full of valuable information!
- Being the manager of your own health.
- How being proactive with small changes can drastically improve your health.
- “If you eat well, you will be well”.
- The foods that should be on your plate at every meal.
- Which types of fruits you should buy organic and which ones you don’t have to.
- Ways to save money on healthy foods.
- A huge benefit of buying fruits and vegetables locally.
- How to get kids to WANT to eat healthy foods.
- Planning healthy eating in one hour or less per week.
- Keeping animals out of your vegetable garden!
Sally, the mastermind behind Eat Well Buffalo has journeyed from a career in the pharmaceutical industry to publishing Buffalo Natural Awakenings, always truly believing food can be very powerful and life-changing. She received a Bachelor of Science and a Masters in Business Administration with a focus in marketing from the University at Buffalo. She attended the Institute of Integrative Nutrition to earn her certified health coach title. She is completing the coursework through Cornell and will receive her plant-based nutrition certification. In addition, she attended the Culinary Intensive Workshop through the prestigious Conscious Gourmet Institute in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Sally has always been a firm believer that we need to take responsibility for our own health as well as being a positive contributor to our WNY community. Our emphasis and direction should be on the prevention of disease and taking those steps to eat healthy (plant-based, whole foods as much as possible), incorporating exercise into our daily lives, practicing mindfulness and meditation, as well as being committed to recycling, sustainability and making a difference in this wonderful community in which we live.