Episode Talking Points:
* Why did you write this book?
* What used to “cheer” now becomes “chore”.
* What do you mean by Taking Back Your Holidays?
* How can we OWN our holidays?
* Boundaries during the holidays.
* Being present in your current season!
* Remembering that the holidays are an excuse to take a pause in life and enjoy it! Not a reason to get more work done!
* What helpful tips do you have to make it easier for moms?
* Communicate expectations.
* What can you give up?
* Christmas is truly about others.
* Why do people try to do it all during the holiday season?
* What can you do to relieve the stress during the holidays?
* Where can our listeners find your book?
Meet Yvonne Lacey
Meet Dr. Xmas, your consummate holiday expert. Born on December 25th (we’ll save the year), the holiday has held a special place in her heart since she was a tiny tot. She’s made Christmas and all its festivities, myths, and folklore her niche. Exploring Christmas—its joy and magic and what it means to those around her is where she puts just some of her unstoppable, bubbly yuletide energy.
In her book, she also explores holiday themes, rituals, and those crazy things we do each holiday season. Some of these you may have been wondering about for years, others well—who knew? All in the name of peace on earth and peace of mind: Why do we fill socks? What’s with kissing under the mistletoe and whose brilliant idea was it for making fruitcake anyway?
Her goal? To spread good tidings of great cheer and all things Tiny Tim to a sometimes too-busy-for-Christmas world. Whew! Now that’s something worth striving for, don’t you think?
Are you feeling like you need more purpose in your life? If so, Jennifer’s newest book, Purpose Over Possessions: decluttering your life so you can live on purpose, will help you!
Are you sick of all the paper clutter in your home or office? Jennifer’s online course, the Paper Purge Project, will teach you how to eliminate paper clutter and implement a simple system that will keep you organized for a lifetime!
WOULD YOU LIKE TO SUBSCRIBE OR REVIEW OUR SHOW?
Are you subscribed to The 29 Minute Mom podcast? If not, I want to encourage you to do that so you do not miss an episode. Click here to subscribe to the podcast! If you enjoy the show, I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to hear your feedback. Please consider leaving me a review, I promise you I would truly appreciate your time! Reviews help me so much. I will even read them during the show so go ahead and mention your business if you have one!
To submit a review just click the purple podcast icon on your phone, search “The 29 Minute Mom” and then scroll down until you see the stars OR Click here to review on iTunes. For more detailed instructions on how to find the podcast and/or leave a review click this post.