In this episode, Jen Kilbourne, of the Pro Organizer Studio, and Jennifer Ford Berry talk all things organizing. The ladies dish out the inside scoop on what it is really like to work as a Professional Organizer and how this industry has changed over the past 15 years.
“THE FACT THAT I COULD JUST USE SKILLS FROM MY PREVIOUS JOB EXPERIENCES AND GET STARTED RIGHT AWAY AS A PRO ORGANIZER ABSOLUTELY COMPELLED ME TO LAUNCH MY BUSINESS IN 2014.”
At that time, I didn’t even have my own computer. I locked myself in a friend’s office for a long weekend and came out with a website. Shortly after that, I got my first client ever through a Facebook ad.
The day I walked out of that first consultation with a check for $2,029, I knew something major had changed in my life. I had researched the ever-living-you-know-what out of the organizing industry as I was launching, and I knew this wasn’t the typical result. I had done something differently, and I had done it right. Something inside me also smiled peacefully that day, and has never stopped smiling since…
Episode Show Notes:
* What does the public think about Professional Organizers compared to reality?
* How the organizing industry has changed in the past 15 years.
* When did the Container Store become so popular???
* Craft projects for moms: let them go?
* Jen’s REAL feelings about DIY projects.
* From tiny homes and minimalism to balanced living.
* Saying No and Letting Go.
* Why do they call it Target?
* The future of the Professional Organizing industry.
* How a professional organizer can really help a busy mom.
* Advice for new professional organizers.
About Jen Kilbourne
I’m Jen Obermeier, the founder of Pro Organizer Studio and creator of the Inspired Organizer™ program.
Since 2016, I’ve helped thousands of my students all over the world start and grow their businesses, so by now I have either walked in your shoes myself or coached someone who has.
I’m a member of the International Coaching Federation and currently working towards a graduate-level certification in small business coaching through the University of Texas at Dallas. Teaching skills and instilling confidence in my students is my strength, through and through.
WOULD YOU LIKE TO REVIEW OUR SHOW?
Are you subscribed to The 29 Minute Mom podcast? If not, I want to encourage you to do that if you so you don’t miss an episode. Click here to subscribe to the podcast!
If you enjoy the show, I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to hear your feedback. Please consider leaving me a review, I promise you I would truly appreciate your time! Reviews help me so much. I will even read them during the show so go ahead and mention your business if you have one!
To submit a review just click the purple podcast icon on your phone, search “The 29 Minute Mom” and then scroll down until you see the stars. OR Click here to review on iTunes.
For more detailed instructions on how to find the podcast and/or leave a review click this post.
- The 29 Minute Mom Facebook
- The 29 Minute Mom Pinterest
- The 29 Minute Mom Instagram
- The 29 Minute Mom YouTube